Collection of Information
As part of providing you with electronic transaction processing or other services, we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
- applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by other means. This information may include, but not be limited to: your name, address, income and references;
- your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. This information may include, but not limited to: account usage, account balances, transaction history;
- reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your creditworthiness;
- public sources. This information may include, but not limited to: telephone numbers, public filings.
When you browse any InterceptEFT web page, you do so anonymously. Personal information, including your e-mail address, is not collected. Some of our web pages, however, may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, such as your name, address and email address, but this information is used solely to fulfill your request for information.
Sharing of Information Outside of Intercept Corporation
We are required by law to disclose information about you to certain regulatory agencies, law enforcement, and pursuant to court order or legal process. In addition, for us to function efficiently, we need to disclose information about you to certain other third parties. As such, by utilizing our services you consent to and direct us to release information about you to third parties:
- to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities;
- to reporting agencies;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or an operating unit;
- to protect against fraud.
In addition, we may provide information about you to our service providers to help us process your applications or service your accounts. Our service providers may include, but are not limited to: financial institutions, billing service providers, mail and telephone companies, insurers, attorneys and other professionals.
We may also provide information about your company to our service providers to help us perform marketing services (including the marketing of Intercept products and services and the products and services on non-Intercept companies). The information provided to these service providers may include the categories of information described above under "Collection of Information" limited to only that which we deem appropriate for these service providers to carry out their functions.
We do not provide nonpublic information about you to any non-Intercept company whose products and services are being marketed unless you authorize us to do so.
Sharing of Information of our Former Customers
Security Practices and Information Accuracy
We also take steps to safeguard customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with industry standards for the protection of customer information.
In addition, we have internal controls to keep customer information as accurate and complete as possible. If you believe that any information about you is not accurate, please let us know.
When you log into InterceptEFT, we require that a "secure session" first be established using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This ensures that your confidential personal information is not seen by anyone but InterceptEFT.
Attn: Customer Relations
1700 42nd Street SW, Suite 2000
Fargo, ND 58103-7425
or call the following toll free number: (800) 378-3328.