Collection of Information
As part of providing you with electronic transaction processing or other services (“Services”), we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
- applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by other means. This information may include, but not be limited to: your name, address, income and references;
- your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. This information may include, but not limited to: account usage, account balances, transaction history;
- reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your creditworthiness;
- public sources. This information may include, but not limited to: telephone numbers, public filings.
In addition, when you use the Services, we may receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as the originating IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses, and other such information. This data may be used, among other uses, to improve the operation of the Services and to improve the security of the Services by assisting in “authenticating” who you are when you access the Services, particularly if you register for a Service and are issued or create a username and password.
We may also receive additional information about your visit to the portion of our site that hosts the Services, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take. This data may be used among other uses to improve the operation of the Services and the portion of the site that hosts the Services.
What Types of Personal Information We May Collect. In addition to the types of information described above, we may also collect Personal Information about you. This information may include:
- Social Security number, date of birth, name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and other information that we can use to contact you, verify your identity, and manage risks, such as information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus;
- names of billers for bills that you would like to view and/or pay online, contact information for those billers, and billing account information, including billing account numbers;
- name, email address and telephone number that you provide us for other persons to whom you would like to send payments;
- account information for accounts that you designate for funding or receiving payments, fees, debits and credits for the Services (potentially including account numbers, account balances, billing addresses, and payment card expiration dates and security codes);
- username, password, secret questions and secret answers for resetting passwords, and other authentication credentialing used to verify that only authorized users access the Services; and
- payment and other transaction information, and history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Services; and
- Any other Personal Information that you may enter while using the Services.
Sharing of Information Outside of Kotapay
We are required by law to disclose information about you to certain regulatory agencies, law enforcement, and pursuant to court order or legal process. In addition, for us to function efficiently, we need to disclose information about you to certain other third parties. As such, by utilizing our services you consent to and direct us to release information about you to third parties:
- to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities;
- to reporting agencies;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or an operating unit;
- to protect against fraud.
In addition, we may provide information about you to our service providers to help us process your applications or service your accounts. Our service providers may include, but are not limited to: financial institutions, billing service providers, mail and telephone companies, insurers, attorneys and other professionals.
We may also provide information about your company to our service providers to help us perform marketing services (including the marketing of Kotapay products and services and the products and services on non-Kotapay companies). The information provided to these service providers may include the categories of information described above under “Collection of Information” limited to only that which we deem appropriate for these service providers to carry out their functions.
We do not provide nonpublic information about you to any non-Kotapay company whose products and services are being marketed unless you authorize us to do so.
Sharing of Information of our Former Customers
Security Practices and Information Accuracy
We also take steps to safeguard customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with industry standards for the protection of customer information.
In addition, we have internal controls to keep customer information as accurate and complete as possible. If you believe that any information about you is not accurate, please let us know.
When you log into Kotapay, we require that a “secure session” first be established using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This ensures that your confidential personal information is not seen by anyone but Kotapay.
For certain categories of personal information, the right to request a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties;
The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, our business and commercial purposes for collecting such personal information, categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, whether we have disclosed or sold your personal information for a business or commercial purposes in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared or sold your personal information;
The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you;
The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information (if applicable or if we do sell your personal information);
Please note that if you opt out of certain types of sales, we will be unable to provide you with the services that rely on such sales.
The right to be free from discrimination for exercising your privacy rights.
The right to access your personal information that we have about you going back for a 12-month period following your request
Attn: Customer Relations
4334 18th Ave S, Suite 200
Fargo, ND 58103-7414
Or click on the following link.
Whether you contact us via phone, mail or web page, in order to make a personal request, please provide your name and address along with the personal request you wish to make (see above under “Your Rights” as well as a way we can contact you if we have any questions.